The coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, has undoubtedly taken the world by storm. Our team at Cardiac Imaging, Inc. wants you to know that our operations continue as usual with some additional precautions. In fact, not only are we an essential provider, but our business model is perfectly designed to minimize human contact while simultaneously providing the care that our patients need.
Here are some precautions that we are taking during this time:
- A separate and self-contained mobile coach is an ideal environment in which to perform stress tests.
- Our mobile units receive frequent deep cleanings and our clinical staff sanitizes all equipment and frequently touched surfaces between each patient.
- Patients may wait in their vehicles and check-in directly with Cardiac Imaging staff so there is no interaction with the practice.
- Cardiac PET scans take a total of 45 minutes to complete compared to a SPECT stress test that can take 3-4 hours. This minimizes patient exposure to staff and other patients while onsite.
- We have extended our patient schedule so that there is no overlap of patients on the coach, whereas SPECT patients must have a dedicated waiting space or must return a second day for the rest/stress protocol to reduce interaction and exposure.
- Third-party SPECT providers must bring equipment and staff into the practice, resulting in potential exposure to staff and patients.
There’s nothing we take more seriously than the safety of our staff, patients, and our community. We review all updates to the CDC’s guidelines to ensure we practice the most effective sanitary protocols while we continue with cardiac PET scans. If you have further questions about the measures that we are taking or if you want to schedule services with us, please get in touch with our team today.