Heart Disease and COVID-19
Heart disease is an ever present problem in our society. Maintaining one’s heart health is not always easy, and cardiac patients have to work harder at it than the average individual. Practicing healthy habits like following nutritious, low cholesterol diets and taking part in daily exercise has become especially difficult for some people due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to keep up with their heart health, cardiac patients should maintain a well rounded diet, exercise routine, healthy weight, low blood sugar, stable blood pressure, as well as refrain from smoking.
People suffering from heart disease are more likely to experience severe symptoms and complications should they contract COVID-19, and are at greater risk of being hospitalized than people without underlying heart conditions. That is why it is so important for patients to keep up with their doctor appointments and exams. However, this can be a challenge during the pandemic.
Benefits of Mobile PET Scans and Nuclear Cardiology
There are more reasons now than ever that cardiac patients and their doctors need to be especially conscious of practicing and maintaining healthy habits, but COVID-19 has put a strain on the relationships physicians have with their patients.
It is vital to the overall health of cardiac patients that they keep their doctors informed on their conditions, show up for appointments, and undergo thorough cardiac testing. Nuclear cardiology testing often determines the best and most effective treatment methods for new patients, and also provides results which lead physicians to alter existing patients’ current treatment regimens.
It is extremely difficult to treat patients and monitor changes in their condition without seeing them, let alone without being able to safely administer vital testing which could mean the difference between treating conditions and allowing them to worsen.
At Cardiac Imaging Inc. we understand that accurate treatment is the most important part of improving cardiac health. That is why we have enacted new and enhanced existing safety protocols to ensure we can continue helping physicians provide life-saving tests for their cardiac patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Turnkey PET scanners – available in the Bay Area and nationwide – are part of our self-contained, mobile clinics. These mobile clinics are efficient, easily maintained, and frequently cleaned and sanitized by clinical staff.
- Patients do not have to go to their doctor’s practice in order to have a test.
- Patients do not have to stand or sit in a waiting room.
- Cardiac PET scans often take less than an hour to complete, which minimizes patient exposure to personnel.
- There is no overlap of patients on any mobile scanner unit.
- Unlike third-party SPECT providers, Cardiac Imaging Inc. does not require equipment or staff be brought into an existing practice, which may endanger patients and other personnel.
Turnkey PET scanners – Bay Area
At Cardiac Imaging Inc. you receive the best quality technology and testing services for your patients without having to put their overall health at risk. Our turnkey PET scanners and other nuclear imaging services allow physicians to treat their patients in a safer, healthier fashion without sacrificing accuracy or results, in the Bay Area and across the country.